BS in Food Technology
With BS Food Technology, you will be trained to perform/conduct food analysis, comply with food laws and regulations in manufacturing and distribution of food, develop new food products and improve existing ones, implement quality management systems (Food Safety, Laboratory Management, Quality Requirements and Quality Audit), supervise food processing operations, recommend specification for equipment and instruments for food processing, implement and conduct research, development and extension related to production of food, establish/assist/manage food business, and assist in waste management for environmental safety.
Goal & Objectives
- To hone knowledge and skill of students in all areas of food processing and packaging with laboratory-oriented subjects and activities inside and outside the school;
- To enhance students’ interest and exposure in food processing plant operations through regular plant visits
- To challenge students to conduct researches on indigenous food materials for processing into novel food products
- To engage students in doing outreach training programs in food processing,food safety and sanitation, and food packaging that will help the marginalized sectors of the region
- To broaden knowledge and skills through a rigorous field training or On-the-Job Training(OJT) program in food industries where students get a more intensive hands-on and practical applications and foster interaction with technical experts and professionals
- To challenge students to develop food products and eventually manufacture them as they establish their own future food businesses.
Career Opportunities for Food Technology
- Food Technologist
- Quality Assurance
- Nutritional Therapist
- Product Development Scientist Regulatory Officer
- Process Engineering