Goal & Objectives
The Fine Arts Program envisions enterprising Philwomenian artist and designers who are best Rising and enterprising newbies in design and arts. Inspired by the rising shift of the world’s industry, the PWC Helena Z. Benitez School of Fine Arts and Design’s Curricular Program of Studies in Art and Design meaningfully anchors its educational mission to the PWC of Davao:
1. To educate students to become globally-competitive art and design professionals by recognizing and nurturing their potentials to conceptualize and create ideas into tangible products which are relevant and responsive to the dynamics of specific industries and creative environments.
2. To contribute to the world’s CREATIVITY ECONOMY by engaging the local Davao community and Mindanao at large, to encourage, patronize and support local business enterprises and creative efforts to maximize the potential of the area’s human and natural resources and its rich traditions and cultural heritage.
3. To lead through pioneering and excelling in the development of curricular program of studies and research in the visual and related disciplines of the arts by positioning itself as not only the Pioneer in Art Education in Mindanao but also, more significantly, as a Center for Excellence in Training and Education in Art and Design in Mindanao and the country.
Major in Industrial Design
1. To create and execute design solutions towards problems of form, usability, physiscal ergonomics, marketing, brand development, and sales.
2. To equip the students with five valuable skills: Drawing properly, Understanding basic economics, reading the customers’s needs and wants, presenting their ideas and themselves properly and keeping an open mind.
- Furniture / Systems Designer
- Toy Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Production designer
Major in Fashion Design
1. Develop the individual sense of style by mastering the theories and foundations of fashion and design and the technical skills conduit to the execution of concepts and ideas into products and services identified in the multifaceted business of fashion and design;
2. Harness the students’ conceptual and contextual creativity, inventive qualities and enterprising ability through varied exposures and interactions in the industry; and
3. Nurture among students a deep appreciation of Mindanao’s Culture and its rich resources as groundwork for the development of their designing identity and Unique global marketability.
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Accessories Designer
Major in Painting
1. To develop among students mastery of the different theories and development of visual art and how it evolved from the earliest form of visual expression to the contemporary era;
2. To expose students to the various methods in art-making in order for them to apply and explore the different materials and techniques and develop eventually their own style in producing their artworks; and
3. To develop among students appreciation of the importance of art as a powerful tool in expressing their thoughts and ideas.
- Artist / Painter
- Art Director
- Art Curator
- Art Lecturer
- Gallery Business Owner
- Gallery Assistants
- Designer (Furnitures Clothing)
- Art Shop Owner
- Art Writer
- Art Critic
- Set and Production Design
- Hotel, Restaurant and Cruise Artist
Major in Visual Communication
To provide student theories on the technical and nontechnical aspects of multimedia advertising;
2. To build among students critical and articulate understanding on various designs and effective representation;3. To enhance the students’ skills in producing highly innovative advertisements and effective marketing strategies to meet the demands of the industry’s potential clients; and4. To help students examine their individual strengths and diversity in design communication pursue.
- Product Packaging Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Graphic Designer
- Multi-Media Artist
- Set Production Designer
- Marketing Officer
- Advertising Consultant