Goal & Objectives
The Fine Arts Program envisions enterprising Philwomenian artist and designers who are the best rising and enterprising newbies in design and arts. Inspired by the rising shift of the world’s industry, the PWC Helena Z. Benitez School of Fine Arts and Culture’s Curricular Program of Studies in Art and Design meaningfully anchors its educational mission to the PWC of Davao:
- To educate students to become globally-competitive art and design professionals by recognizing and nurturing their potentials to conceptualize and create ideas into tangible products which are relevant and responsive to the dynamics of specific industries and creative environments.
- To contribute to the world’s CREATIVITY ECONOMY by engaging the local Davao community and Mindanao at large, to encourage, patronize and support local business enterprises and creative efforts to maximize the potential of the area’s human and natural resources and its rich traditions and cultural heritage.
- To lead through pioneering and excelling in the development of curricular program of studies and research in the visual and related disciplines of the arts by positioning itself as not only the Pioneer in Art Education in Mindanao but also, more significantly, as a Center for Excellence in Training and Education in Art and Design in Mindanao and the country.
Major in Industrial Design
Ever wondered how your furniture pieces, housewares, and other products came to form? Enroll in Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Industrial Design! Through the program, you will be challenged and guided in coming up with new product ideas, redesigning existing products, and communicating them effectively to clients and production entities. You will get to hone your drawing skills, knowledge of color, balance and proportion, as well as proficient verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- To create and execute design solutions towards problems of form, usability, physiscal ergonomics, marketing, brand development, and sales.
- To equip the students with five valuable skills: Drawing properly, Understanding basic economics, reading the customers’s needs and wants, presenting their ideas and themselves properly and keeping an open mind.
Major in Fashion Design
Got that flair for styling, keeping up with fashion trends, and innovating with your own creations? Unleash your creative vision with PWC’s Fashion Design program!
Develop your own style, master theories and foundational knowledge, and establish networks with various opportunities for industry partnership. A dynamic and colorful career awaits you as the call intensifies for innovative, local designers committed to promoting the Mindanaoan and Filipino heritage on the global stage.
- Develop the individual sense of style by mastering the theories and foundations of fashion and design and the technical skills conduit to the execution of concepts and ideas into products and services identified in the multifaceted business of fashion and design;
- Harness the students’ conceptual and contextual creativity, inventive qualities and enterprising ability through varied exposures and interactions in the industry; and
- Nurture among students a deep appreciation of Mindanao’s Culture and its rich resources as groundwork for the development of their designing identity and Unique global marketability.
Major in Painting
- To develop among students mastery of the different theories and development of visual art and how it evolved from the earliest form of visual expression to the contemporary era;
- To expose students to the various methods in art-making in order for them to apply and explore the different materials and techniques and develop eventually their own style in producing their artworks; and
- To develop among students appreciation of the importance of art as a powerful tool in expressing their thoughts and ideas.
Major in Visual Communication
Are you into photography, graphic design or video creation? Do you enjoy creating digital designs and advertising works?
If any of these things interests you, then consider taking Fine Arts major in Visual Communication. After finishing this course, you’ll be able to communicate ideas faster and better using the right combination of visuals, words, and colors! With the ever-increasing need for creatives in the business world, landing a job isn’t that hard. Connect with clients online or offline—start your own creative agency!
- To provide student theories on the technical and nontechnical aspects of multimedia advertising
- To build among students critical and articulate understanding on various designs and effective representation;
- To enhance the students’ skills in producing highly innovative advertisements and effective marketing strategies to meet the demands of the industry’s potential clients; and
- To help students examine their individual strengths and diversity in design communication pursue.
Career Opportunities for Fine Arts
- Fashion Designer
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Personal Stylist
- Technical Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Production Pattern Maker
- Fashion Coordinator
- Apparel Production Manager
- Fabric Buyer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Showroom Sales Representative
- Cutting Assistant